From:
Comstrike <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Comstrike <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Mar 1995 01:01:54 -0500
One of the things that I found very interesting was that Buddy Powers did
NOT start Holzinger.  I was suprised, but it makes real sense.  The team
has shown itself that they do not need Holzinger or Clarke to win the
game for them.  Faulkner looked god like out there at times, Brad
Holzinger was also look pretty decent out there.  Even without Lune (out
due to the on and off the ice fight) the defense showed solid play, and
did not break or let up when LSSU came back to even up the score.
Starting Petrie was not suicide, Bob has been getting better as the
season has progressed, but the conventional wisdom would have had Wil
Clark sitting in the net for this game.  The whole thing seems to
indicate to me that Buddy knows that this team has a lot talent and he
rolled the dice by sending in his second string goalie, and starting some
of his less prominet players.  It appeared to have worked.

Nathan W.L. Boyle
                   __________
                 / __________\\
               / /   _________\\__