From:
Sean Pickett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sean Pickett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Feb 1995 19:40:49 -0500
>No explanation for the uniform switch was officially given.  Sunday was
>Senior Night (being the final home game for the Friars) and it has been
>tradition for some time now to wear the away jerseys once during the season.
> This gives the fans a chance to see the Friars in their home garb.  I assume
>that's all it was.

Yes, there was. Bob Norton stated that the Friars players did not like the
pinstrip home uniforms and wanted to play in their black road uniforms.
Paul Pooley apperently honored the players' request and asked Jerry York if
Providence could wear their road uniforms and have BC wear white and Jerry
said yes.

So, the questions are: Did Paul Pooley order the pinstrip home uniforms for
Providence?  Will they be replaced next year?

As a side note, Jerry York was allowed to change the BC home and away
uniforms this year.  Due to his late arrival the new uniforms were not ready
until after the first semster.  Credit must be given to BC for allowing
Jerry to get new uniforms in mid-season.

Sean Pickett
Go BU Terriers, 1994 Hockey East Champions!
BU Hockey Page:  http://www.tiac.net/users/spickett/hockey.html