From:
Andrew Dondis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 18 Feb 1995 17:45:12 -0500
I have to agree that Derek Herlofsky is not a horrivle goalie,
although he is not having the year that he had last year.

Last year, his compitition with classmate J.P. McKersie probably
kept him a little more on his toes.  This year, his competition is
a Freshman, and Derek knows that he's gonna get the nod in the
big games because of his experience.

Derek makes ALOT of saves that look like he just got lucky.
I guess the fact that ahe makes those saves means he's got
skill, and not just luck.  He loves to spend time down on the
ice, which can make a goalie look bad, but he has done a
decent job so far.  He doesn't face a lot of shots, but the ones
that he does see are usually of higher quality than what most
goalies see. (A shot that gets by defense like BU's is generally
a very good shot - thus his low save pct.)

Anyway, just my opinions.
Andrew Dondis