From:
Karen Heasley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Karen Heasley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Feb 1995 09:54:29 -0800
John Haeussler writes...

> Paul Armstrong writes...
> >If you do not know, SCSU has played the last 2 weekends with a
> >goalie pulled out of the Student Population.  He has been 2-1-1.
> >His backup right now is also a "walk-on", pulled out of the student
> >population.  He is so new that they have not even had time to
> >sew his name on the jersey yet.
>
> Joel Thurston writes...
> >Shots                                           Saves
> >UW      11-6-8-3=28              Daubenspeck    8-16-16-2=42
> >SCS     10-17-17-2=46           Jiskra                  10-5-6-3=24
>
> Why does this name (Jiskra) sound so familiar?  Is this
> the same player that was at the heart of the CC Beutow
> controversy in 1992-93 that led to Beutow's departure?
>

> John H
> U Mich
> CCSA...Central Collegiate (Ice) Scalping Association :-)

It is the same player.  He was brought in from a junior college two years ago
and the violations occurred when frequent flyer coupons (or something like
that) were used to bring him here, and then he practiced with the team before
he officially was declared transferred and an enrolled student at CC.

Karen Heasley
Colorado College '95
[log in to unmask]   *  [log in to unmask]

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere
 in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
 - Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes 11/9/94