From:
Brian Gentry <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brian Gentry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Feb 1995 10:25:27 -0500
I would like to support and add to Mr. Rowe's comments about hockey-l
postings.  I believe that hockey-l should be devoted to Div. I college
hockey, with just scores posted from the other divisions and ACHA.
Most people, with some exceptions, only care about the division in which
their team is in.  For hockey-l, this is Div. I.  I only follow division I,
since BU is Div. I.  Any postings about DivisionII or III I do not care
about and the postings just become junk mail and are deleted without
being read.

If everyone was interested in all three divisions, there would be a need for
hockey3.  I'm sure that most of the people exclusively subscribing to
hockey3 no not care about Div. I hockey and promptly delete any messages
pertaining to Div. I

The people that follow all three divisions can (and probably do) subscribe
both to hockey-l and hockey3.  This means that there is no need to send a
copy to hockey-l, since anyone following Div II & III would already be
subscribed to hockey3.

As Mr. Hubbard stated, as it is right now, hockey-l accepts postings
concerning Div. II, III, and ACHA.  I think this should change, and maybe
the "[log in to unmask]" list should be renewed to discuss a possible
change.  If hockey3 did not exist, I think all college hockey would belong
here.  However, it does exist, so there is really no need for those postings
on hockey-l.

BTW, the first sentence in the second paragraph should read, "If everyone is
interested in all three divisions, there would be *no* need for hockey3.

Brian Gentry
BU'95
Go Terriers!
Bring the Beanpot Home!