From:
Ryan Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ryan Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Jan 1995 14:13:05 EST
Well it's good to hear that Kyle has a spot lined up for next years
season.  He will certainly increase the total number of RPI goals, no
wait that's not it, assists, nope that is not it either, oh yes PENALTY
MINUTES.  In fact after his incident with coach Mancini they had to take
his brass plaque out of the penalty box.  The inscription read something
to the effect of "Dearest Kyle, thanks you for keeping me so warm during
all those Tech games.  I would be very cold and lonely with out you.
Love your MTU penalty box bench."  In fact the plaque still does exist,
although the name engraved on it now is Jason Prokopetz.  I think if
either of them would have been able to play all 4 years at Tech they
could have taken a distant second to Darcy Martini's record of 191
penalties for 499 minutes.  Don't get me wrong, I love to see the
hitting.  Not the dangerous stuff like X-checking and boarding from
behind, but a little scrum after the whistle never hurts.  But I stray
from the original topic.  I'm glad that Fergy will be playing again soon,
I wish it was here, because anyone at MTU that saw his initiation at the
football game in 92 will tell you that he can do some great cart-wheels!
But that is another story to be told later, maybe in an RPI school paper?
        -Ryan