From:
Rob Callum <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rob Callum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Jan 1995 14:01:39 -0500
On Fri, 27 Jan 1995 [log in to unmask] wrote:

> I don't mean to start any rumours, but a guy here at work who follows
> college hockey quite closely says he's heard rumours that the coaches for
> both Dartmouth and Yale are "walking on very thin ice" at their respective
> schools.
> Can anybody confirm or dispel these rumours?

        I haven't heard anything here at Yale about Tim Taylor, but
that may not mean much, because I'm not that well connected with the
Athletic department. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense, though. If
the administration wanted him gone, they had a great chance at the
beginning of the season. He was away all last year "coaching" the
Olympic team, and not until late in the summer was it announced that
he would be returning for this season. If there was hestiancy about
his ability behind the bench, the summer would have been the ideal
time for a "resignation."

--rob