From:
Sean Pickett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sean Pickett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Jan 1995 02:28:26 -0500
Jim Love wrote:

>> Attendance - 7884 (sellout)
>
>  Who's kidding whom ??  Though I wasn't at Conte Forum myself, I did
>enjoy watching this game from here in Southern Maryland (on HTS, who
>picked up the Prime/NESN feed for the first (and probably last :-(
>time this season).  There were *plenty* of empty seats in evidence
>throughout the broadcast, so much so that friends who'd come over to
>watch the game with me made several comments re: the sparse crowd.
>Rick, since you were there, how many no-shows would *you* say were
>masquerading as warm bodies in the "official" attendance ??  BC hockey
>may yet "rise again," but in the meantime it's clear to me that many
>of the Eagle "faithful" have deserted the Icemen to root for the
>(marginally) better Hoopsters ....

First, this was the largest crowd I can remember at a BU-BC game at Conte
Fourm in the past three years.  Although there were empty seats, a lot of
people were milling around under the stands for food, etc (after having the
rink to yourself for so many games, a huge crowd leads to long lines).  I
would put the crowd at around 7000, but many people arrived late and many
left early, so I doubt all the fans were every seated at the same time.

BC also got the great crowd by loading the stands up with (1) local mite
hockey teams and (2) at least two BC class reunions (1980 and 1985).  It
also helped that a few thousand BU fans attended the game.

Sean Pickett
Go BU Terriers, 1994 Hockey East Champions!
BU Hockey Page:  http://www.tiac.net/users/spickett/hockey.html