From:
Justin Doherty <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Justin Doherty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Oct 1994 22:00:48 CDT
Now that Dave Fischer has publicly put pressure on me to try out the power
play goals per two minutes experiment...

Actually Dave and I and Julie Kluge (Wisconsin's SID for hockey) did the game
summaries at the NCAA semifinals and championship last season and kept the
amount of time each team was actually on the power play (the idea being that a
team is sometimes credited with a power-play opportunity even if it is only a
few seconds long and that the number of PPGs scored vs. the actual amount of
time a team spent on the power play might be a more accurate measure of a
team's power-play unit).  I'm going to do it this weekend and see how it goes.
We were able to do it at the NCAAs last season, but I really don't know what a
good ratio or percentage would be because I don't have anything to compare it
against.

A couple other items...senior forward Keith Murphy of Kerrobert, Sask. has
been named captain for the 1994-95 Fighting Sioux in a vote of the team.
Senior forward Scott Kirton and junior defenseman Kevin Rappana are the asst.
captains.

Justin Doherty