Date:
Fri, 23 Sep 1994 14:53:06 -0400
PrimeStar (Times-Warner) offers, as a part of their basic package, a 14 channel
regional sports network.  The system works off of a 36" dish that is leased
from PrimeStar (I think the cost for the basic programming package and
dish/receiver is around $30.00 per month plus a one-time $150.00 installation
fee).

DirectTV (Hughes-Thomson) sells their equipment, an 18" dish and receiver with
capabilities for 150 channels.  Their Total Choice option (again, around
$30.00) offers about 40 channels, of which a couple will be regional sports
networks.  My DBS dish was installed a couple of days ago, and the service
techs said that PASS will be one of the regionals available as part of the
package here in Northwestern Ohio, though it's not on-line as of yet. Other
regionals can be purchased.

Hope this offers some options for isolated hockey fans in unenlightened urban
areas or out in the boonies (like myself).

Bob Hall
BG Class of a Long Time Ago