From:
Bill Fenwick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Fenwick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Jun 1994 16:26:00 EDT
Cornell University Tentative 1994-95 Men's Hockey Schedule:

(As of May 24, 1994.  Game times are all EST.)

Fri  Nov 11    Dartmouth                     7:30
Sat  Nov 12    Vermont                       7:00
Fri  Nov 18    at Harvard                    7:30
Sat  Nov 19    at Brown                      7:00
Fri  Nov 25    at Toronto Tournament
Sat  Nov 26    (teams and game times TBA)

Fri  Dec 2     Yale                          7:30
Sat  Dec 3     Princeton                     7:00
Thu  Dec 29    at Great Lakes Invitational,
                    Detroit, MI
               vs. Michigan State            8:00
Fri  Dec 30    at GLI
                    Consolation/Championship

Fri  Jan 6     at Union                      7:30
Sat  Jan 7     at RPI                        7:00
Sun  Jan 15    Army (NC)                     2:00
Wed  Jan 18    at Colgate                    7:30 *
Sat  Jan 21    Colgate                       7:00
Fri  Jan 27    St. Lawrence                  7:30
Sat  Jan 28    Clarkson                      7:00

Fri  Feb 3     at Vermont                    7:30
Sat  Feb 4     at Dartmouth                  7:00
Fri  Feb 10    Harvard                       7:30
Sat  Feb 11    Brown                         7:00
Fri  Feb 17    at Clarkson                   7:30
Sat  Feb 18    at St. Lawrence               7:00
Fri  Feb 24    at Princeton                  7:30
Sat  Feb 25    at Yale                       7:00

Fri  Mar 3     RPI                           7:30
Sat  Mar 4     Union                         7:00

* Carl Lindberg recently posted a Colgate schedule which had this game on
  Thursday, January 19th, rather than the 18th.  I'm not sure which is
  right -- this has been a Wednesday-Saturday series for the past few years,
  but it might have been changed.

Non-conference-wise, the Big Red saves some face with its participation in
the GLI, going up against some potentially tough Western competition in
Michigan State and either Michigan or Michigan Tech.  However, the other
three games aren't going to win a lot of points in the SOS ratings.  I don't
know who is playing in the Toronto tourney, but I'd bet on at least two
Canadian teams.  And Army is not exactly a Division I powerhouse either,
although they almost always gave the Big Red a tough time when they were in
the ECAC.  Then again, it might not be a bad idea for the team to get some
"relief" after playing (and not doing all that well against) some tough non-
league opponents over the past few years.

P.S.:  There is a lacrosse mailing list available for those who are inter-
ested in discussing the sport more.  LACROS-L is, as far as I know, main-
tained by Alec Plotkin at Villanova.  The last address I had for signing on
was [log in to unmask] .  Send 'em a mail message saying:

     SUBSCRIBE LACROS-L your full name
--
Bill Fenwick
Cornell '86 and '94.5