From:
Dave Nicolai <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dave Nicolai <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Mar 1994 08:58:14 -0600
Since I'm in the posting mood . . .

In the interest of increasing interlocking schedules, here's an idea.  I
realize there are alot of flaws, logistical(sp?) problems, and details which
need to be worked out to make it happen but see what you think.

Have 2 weekends a year (e.g. 2nd weekend of January, 3rd weekend of
February) where a conference (e.g. HE in Jan, WCHA in Feb) would host a two
game mini-series in which the respective placed teams from each conference
would play each other.  (e.g. 1st place HE would host the other 1st place
teams from the 3 conferences, 2nd place HE would host other 2nd place teams,
. . .)  There would be a specific date which the standings would determine
who would go where.  (i.e. the standings as of Dec 1 would set the pairings
for the January weekend and Feb 1 for the  February weekend.)

As I said, I realize there are a lot of problems with the existing
scheduling format in order for this to work (# of non-conf games teams have
available, uneven # of teams in the conferences, 4 teams and only 2 games --
which teams would play each other, what happens if the same 4 teams meet
both weekends, etc) but these could solved.  The advantages:
inter-conference games would match that year's top teams, find out top to
bottom strength of a conference, the designated home teams would know they
are hosting games therefore could sell tickets, would resolve (I hope) some
of the questions in regards to this year's CC situation, etc.

What do you think?

Later,

Nick

[log in to unmask]          Go Sioux!
just wait 'til next season...or '95...or '96...