From:
Dave Hendrickson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dave Hendrickson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Mar 1994 10:17:08 EST
Brian Zive writes:
> The teams aren't too strong in the east, from what I gather.
> The definites are BU and Harvard.  BU has trounced Northeastern
> twice this year, and has lost by one goal and beaten them by
> one goal this year.  I also believe that NU has played UMaine
> tight this year (although I could be corrected on this fact).
>
> Personally, I think Maine is a very impressive team, especially
> the way they played BU last weekend (with the Ferraro Bros.)
>
> Now, with the current Maine team, IMHO they could handle UNH,
> NU, RPI.  The teams they could battle with are BU and Harvard.
> But!--does their mediocre record qualify them for a seed higher
> than UNH, NU and RPI.  It's unfair to those teams who have battled
> all year, and have a record either better or comprable to Maine's, and
> who haven't brought players back from the Olympics to make them stronger.

Ahem.   There seems to be a team you are forgetting.  How about UMass-Lowell?
Ranked in the top ten?

For the record, UMass-Lowell went 1-0-2 against Maine, 1-2-0 against BU, 2-0-1
against Northeastern, and... against UNH they split the first home-and-home
and then dropped both ends of the home-and-home.  What happened on the second
home-and-home?  Perhaps UML had a letdown since they'd clinched second place
in HE, while UNH was fighting for home ice.  Perhaps UNH matches up well with
UML.  Perhaps...  Well, I guess we'll find out tonight.  I typed in a
prediction but just erased it.  I'm not gonna jinx the Chiefs.

There was a good article in the Boston Globe this morning about the Chiefs
but since I'm leaving work early to get into the playoffs, I doubt that I'll
get the chance to type it in today.  Maybe later.

Big congrats to Dwayne Roloson for being named Hockey East Player of the Year.

For those who want to say hi I'll be at the Garden with my son tonight and
tomorrow in the balcony at the red line in the FRONT ROOOOW (geez, I can't seem
to be able to make my keyboard simulate Uecker).   Balcony section 114, seats
A1 and A2.  I will miss most of the consolations on Saturday night because my
son has a conflicting game, but I have lots of confidence I won't miss a minute
of UMass-Lowell hockey.  :-)   In case you spot me walking around, I'll be
wearing a red Lowell Chiefs jacket that has "Dave" stitched on the side.  If
I've taken the jacket off, I'll be wearing a white sweatshirt with a black
collar and a black strip on the sleeves, an Uncle Sam's logo on the front, and
the entire team rosters for about ten teams on the back.

*****************************************************        ,-******-,
* Dave Hendrickson "Robo" [log in to unmask] *     *'     ##     '*
*        A Hockey Polygamist and Get-A-Lifer        *   *##   ___##___   ##*
* GO BROONS!!!      Go Red Wings!!     Go LA Kings! *  *   ##|   ___  \##   *
* GO UMASS-LOWELL!!!    Go Maine!!           Go BU! * *      |  |___)  |     *
* Although I can't remember ever having an original * *      |  |___)  |     *
* thought, and am certainly parroting someone who   *  *   ##|________/##   *
* actually has a brain, these opinions are mine,    *   *##      ##      ##*
* not Hewlett-Packard's.                            *     *,     ##     ,*