From:
Jim Love <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 7 Mar 1994 09:22:41 -0500
Erik writes:
> Congratulations to the Colorado College Tigers, WCHA Champions!

  And I second that; huzzahs to coach Luria and the rest of the CC Tigers !!
And therein lies a question :-)  Just how is it that the CC mascot was chosen
as a *tiger* ??  Given Colorado Springs location high in the mountains, I
would have expected something more akin to Catamounts (UVM), Wildcats (UNH),
or even Bobcats (Oyster River High in Durham, home of UNH) as emblematic of
fierce native "charasmatic mega-fauna." :-)  And yet we have "Tigers;"
fierce, but hardly native.  So what gives ... ??  Just curious ....  BTW,
all those folks at Princeton can tackle the same question <grin>

Cheers from Maryland (Terrapins) - Jim
Go Blue !!