From:
Tony Biscardi <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tony Biscardi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Oct 1993 18:57:27 -0500
I see someone else posted the RPI box score, so I won't do that one.
If one of these two has already been posted, please forgive me.

Clarkson 4, BC 3
----------------
(at Potsdam, N.Y.)

Clarkson (1-0)----1  2  0  1 - 4
BC (0-1)----------2  1  0  0 - 3

Scoring:
1st Period:
BC  John Joyce (Brian Callahan, Jack Callahan)  9:47
BC  Joyce (Jerry Buckley, J. Callahan)  11:13
C   Craig Conroy (Patrice Robitaille, David Seitz)  19:07

2nd Period:
C   Matt Pagnutti (Jean Francois Houle, Seitz)  5:44
BC  Buckley (Michael Spalla, Clifton McHale)  6:24
C   Shawn Fotheringham (Conroy, Brian Mueller)  13:22

3rd Period:
no scoring

Overtime:
C   Mueller (Robitaille)  2:53

Saves:  C, Jason Currie 21; BC, Greg Taylor 30.

My note:  It looks like BC really gave Clarkson a run for their money before
becoming the first non-league loss by a Hockey East team this year. (real
games, not exhibition)  Although I have argued many times that how teams look
at this time of year has little to do with how they look by the end, it is nice
to see Hockey East winning like they are in their non-league games so far,
especially considering how weak Mike, Adam, many others, and I thought the
league was going to be this year.

UNH 5, Vermont 4
----------------
(at Durham, N.H.)

Vermont (0-2)----1  1  2 - 4
UNH (2-0)--------3  0  2 - 5

Scoring:  1st Period:
UNH Glen Stewart (Mike Sullivan)  1:41
UNH Jason Dexter (Eric Royal)  6:07
UNH Tom Nolan (Tom OBrien, Steve Pleau)  7:14
V   Corey Machanic (Martin St. Louis, Dominique Ducharme)  12:28

2nd Period:
V   Eric Perrin (St. Louis, Machanic)  11:03     *(check out these names!)*

3rd Period:
V   St. Louis (Ducharme, Perrin)  8:21
UNH Nick Poole (Ken Schmidtk)  10:13
V   Matt Johnson (unassisted)  15:00
UNH Royal (Eric Flinton, Ted Russell)  19:34

Saves:  V, Jon Miyamoto 14 and Tim Thomas 28; UNH, Mike Heinke 22.

note:  UNH scored the winning goal with just 26 seconds left (after squandering
a 3 goal, first period lead.