From:
Martin G Keeney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Mar 2008 21:38:18 -0400
It isn't popular to side with the officials but that is a tough business.
Hockey is too fast for one person to see everything, and two people seeing
the same game from two different points on the ice (or in the arena) will
not see nor necessarily make the same call. There have been lots of
improvements - at least there is now considerable use of instant replay -
and prospects of further improvements. In the meantime, until perfect
officials appear, teams must take that problem into account and play such
that the calls do not cause a loss. All I ask is that the official be in the
proper place to make the call - not easy when travelling from behind one
goal to behind the other and with most of the players having to travel less
distance.

 -glen-