From:
Martin G Keeney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Dec 2007 23:09:31 -0500
Mary Beth MacKinnon writes:

> As part of our annual holiday trip to my inlaws in Goshen, IN, we've
> decided to go to the Friday night games of the GLI.
>
> Does anyone know if we're meeting as a Hockey L group that night?

Up until a few years ago several h-lers met at the section 24 entrance. I
still check it out, but I haven't seen anyone there for several years,
though I usually see at least one ex h-ler wondering around. An announcement
might turn out a few.

> Anyone got suggestions on tickets (e.g. is there a family pack, buy now vs. day of
> game, etc...).

Games start at 4:30 on Friday, 4:00 on Sat.

No special ticket arrangement that I know of - I get renewable reserved
seats, but I suggest just going and buying there, which we've done when
someone extra goes with us. You may be disappointed in the crowd if you
haven't been there recently, but there is plenty of seating even in the
lower bowl and freedom to move around.

There will be a reasonable turnout of Spartan fans for all games, a decent
turnout of Mich fans for the Mich games. Always an energetic pep band from
Mich Tech and bands from both Mich and MSU during their games. They get
seats in the corners of the upper bowl. I'm sure Providence is welcome to
have a band but my guess is they won't.

I expect to be there both nights. Mich plays the early game on Friday, MSU
the late one.