From:
Dave Geringer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dave Geringer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Feb 2007 16:30:38 -0500
For Immediate Release
Contact Dave Geringer, Sports Information Director, (508) 990-9651  [log in to unmask]
Tuesday, February 27, 2007

UMASS DARTMOUTH REMAINS EIGHTH IN USCHO.COM DIVISION III POLL

MINNEAPOLIS, MN–The University of Massachusetts Dartmouth’s hockey team remains in eighth place in the latest United States College Hockey Online Division III poll.

The Corsairs moved back up to eighth after falling to ninth the previous week. They have now been ranked eighth five times, which equals their highest ranking ever.

St. Norbert remains first in the poll, with Manhattanville and Neumann next, and Norwich and Wisconsin-River Falls tied for fifth. Oswego State and Wisconsin-Stout are next. The Corsairs are followed by Bowdoin, Castleton State, Wisconsin-Superior, Middlebury, New England College, Plattsburgh State and St. Scholastica.

“We’ve maintained a consistent ranking among the coaches and hockey writers who vote weekly,” said UMass Dartmouth Head Coach John Rolli. “I’m also happy to see that we’ve stayed in the top two or three in the USCHO PairWise ranking, not only in the East but also nationally, which reflects not only our winning percentage, but also our strength of schedule and our record against ranked teams. I’m also pleased that we remain fourth in the NCA Division III regional poll.”

UMass Dartmouth, which is 44-3-1 during its past 48 games, is 23-2-1 overall this season. The Corsairs will return to action when they host Fitchburg State in an Eastern College Athletic Conference Northeast semi-final playoff game Wednesday at 7:30 p.m. at the Stephen Hetland Memorial Arena.

UMASS DARTMOUTH HOCKEY