From:
Doug Peterson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 6 Aug 2005 09:05:47 -0400
The Crayola color Indian Red was changed similarly (now chestnut.)  It
was named after India Red Dye #something or other.  But perception was
reality.  I mean that in a serious way.  I doesn't matter what it was, it only
matter what people think it is.  It became offensive and there wasn't any
changing that, so it had to go.

Of course someone from India might actually take offense to seeing
Indian Red as offensive.

Doug Peterson
another two months...