From:
Wayne T Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 22 Apr 2005 11:23:31 -0400
Thanks to *Carol White* for directing a great Hockey-L Dinner!  The
location, food and drink, name tags and attendees were wonderful.

I've selected a number of Columbus photos, mostly from the dinner, and
made a version available at

*http://pushawlake.com/2005_Frozen_Four_Columbus/web_pix_hockey-l/index.html*

If you'd like your photo(s) to be captioned, please reply privately (
mailto:[log in to unmask] ).  Please only give me names of folks
that agree to have their name placed on the web.

My apologies for those left out (or selected for inclusion!).  I thought
I had at least one photo of everyone, but for some, you'll just have to
trust that the empty chair had a prominent Hockey-L person in it from
time to time. Apologies to *Dan* and *Lindsay*, #1 Maine fans, ... the
hockey talk must have been so interesting that I forgot to snap the
shutter?  The Maine and N. Dakota jerseys were great!

Fwiw, this Smith family had a great time in Columbus.  Special thanks to

* *Carol* for all the care she put into ensuring a great get-together.

* *Doug* for suggesting COSI.

* *Roger* for actions above and beyond the call of duty!  ;-)

* *Arleen* and *Bob* for a most entertaining evening.

* all the *Hockey-L folks* that stood and talked to us at the dinner.
We knew you could write, but you're even better in person!

* the Bangor *NWA agent* that put Becky up in a Boston hotel and
upgraded her to First Class, after NWA ran out of widgets and grounded
two planes.

* the *Holiday Inn & Suites* general manager who personally and
graciously assured a pleasant stay in several ways, including up-front
waving of my phone bill for the week.

* the *Schottenstein Center* staff for being available, pleasant and
engaged, but in no way obnoxious. On the other hand, I'm convinced the
Nationwide Arena lost their bid to host a future Frozen Four because of
the gorilla that wouldn't let me bring my lunch to the USCHO.com Town
Meeting.

* *Tony* for suggesting more than once that I post the photos. ;-)

* *Becky* and *Ben* for putting up with my love for college hockey and
our Hockey-L folks.

Thanks and cheers, wayne