Date:
Tue, 2 Jan 2001 21:42:48 -0700
On Tue, 2 Jan 2001, Joe LaCour wrote:

> Here's the summary, courtesy of the IIHF:  Arthur will, I hope, provide the details.  Canadians can watch this, we can't & I, for one, don't like it one bit.

Thanks, Joe, for saving me a lot of typing after a long day (I have an
early morning radio program before a full day of work).  Anyway, I
managed, only by playing a tape in my car, to watch the game without
knowing the outcome.

Like many of the early ones, it took just over two hours to play with lots
of great skating and passing with clutch goaltending.  If anything the US
outplayed (marginally) Canada but could not get the puck in the net.  As a
BU person I was really pleased to see what a great game Sabo played,
always a thorn in the side.

DiPietro, however, was villifed in the post game analysis as too cocky
because he predicted a shutout.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the semifinal broadcast between Finland and
Canada who tied in the round robin.  The Czech-Sweden game will not be
seen here.

With the hundreds of channels universe it is inconceivable these games are
not picked up somewhere in the States.  This is the best hockey of the
year annually, and I'm including the Stanley Cup and the NC$$ here.

Arthur Berman [log in to unmask]
North Vancouver, BC
GO BU!!! GO CANADA!!!