From:
Karen/Greg Ambrose <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Karen/Greg Ambrose <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Nov 1997 09:56:07 -0500
>Mike Machnik was unsure as to who took the two face offs at the end of the
>friday UNH/Merrimack game.  It was Krog on both occasions.  Since it
>appears to take two years of publicity to get a player into Hobey Baker
>contention (except for Kariya!) - I'd say lets get the ball rolling for
>Krog as the 1999 award winner.

While most UNH fans see Mark Mowers as a likely Hobey Baker nominee this
year (and he deserves it) here's hoping that Krog is also nominated.
Barring injury he is going to rack up the stats this year and, if he gets
nominated and does as well next year, he might have a shot.  The fact that
he is a dean's list student as well shouldn't hurt his chances.

Greg Ambrose

P.S.  BTW, it only took UNH 59 minutes and 50 seconds to figure out that
the way to stop the Stringer-Porter faceoff connection was to neutralize
the faceoff, not try to win it.  Good strategy at the end of the game.