From:
Charlie Shub <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 3 Apr 1994 17:08:36 MDT
Harard - LSSU

I felt the early penalty was the result of good acting by the LSSU
player and the resuling goal was extremely big.  As the game went on,
Harvard was becoming more and more frustrated, and I credit LSSU for
taking them out of their game plan.  A few messages mentioned the
major.  Given the earlier boarding at the other end and the general
escalation as the whistles were swallowed towards the end of the game,
i personally felt the major was out of order.

Minnesota - BU

BU came out flying and dominated the first period.  When Minnesota
could only get one back in the second, it sure seemed like it would be
a long evening.

Prediction

Given how good LSSU was and how explosive BU was, I thought it would
either be BU in a romp or LSSU in a 1 goal game.  Had anybody offered
me BU + 7 goals, they'd now own my house, my cars, and my wife and kids!!!

Final Game

Just Awesome, the way LSSU totally dominated.  BU got a post and a
flurry early, but then LSSU totally took them out of their game and
started to dominate.  Wow!!!  The game was a lot more fun to watch
than one would think from the score.

Final Standings of Phinal Phour teams

1. LSSU
2. Harvard
3. BU
4. Minnesota

I give the edge to Harvard based on their win in the beanpot and their
closer performance against Lake state

As for national rankings, I firmly believe Colorado College should be
a top 5 team, and I also feel michigan is up there too.  I don't have
a good basis for placing those teams into the above list.

charlie shub
[log in to unmask]  -or-  cdash@colospgs (BITNET)
(719) 593 3492               (fax) 593-3369