Sender:
From:
Shane Kingry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Dec 1993 05:55:00 -0800
I have only been able to catch a few of the messages pertianing to this
topic, but I will summerize what I know and want to know...

Origionally, when UAA and UAF were Independents, the NCAA adopted a rule
that stated that games played in Alaska would not count against a teams 34
game limit.  The purpose (as I understand it) was to help UAA and UAF
schedule some [quality] teams for games at home in Alaska.  This proved to
be a great deal for all those involved.

However, now that UAA is in the WCHA, they obviously have no problem
scheduling games.  Infact, since they only have two free games left for
the entire year, they had to cancel the Nissan/Jeep Classic (which was a
big loss in numerous respects), and settle for a  home and home series
with Fairbanks...not good.  Enough on the sob sotry....now it's time to
complain.  At least in regards to UAA, why is this rule still in effect?
All the other WCHA teams in effect get 4 games to play with instead of two
like UAA since their "league" games in Anchorage don't count.  (Actually,
I belive there is one WCHA team that doesn't travel to Anchorage this
year...but anyway).  Basically, I was just wondering if anyone knew of any
legislation that was pending regarding this issue?

I suppose I could be making enemies with the rest of the WCHA by
suggesting that they loose two "free" games, but it's better then making
enemies with all of the rest of the Div I schools by suggesting that UAA be
granted an "extra" two games too.... *grin*

Enough of my late night half asleep rambelings...

Shane