Sender:
From:
Geoffrey A Horvath <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Nov 1993 21:00:56 -0500
    Piotrowski is definitely up to his old tricks at Munn Arena. Im not sure
which Shegos is which myself, most of the time, but I know that while one seem
to have his head on straight, the other seems to be missing his glasses.  Maybe
that is different down in Ann Arbor, or anywhere outside of East Lansing, but
what I do know is that the student section, and the alumni around the student
section frequently are displeased with the officiating, and 75% of the time
they are barking up the RIGHT tree!

    Anson Carter had the same problem as the rest of the team for the first
month of the season, and that was an offensive slump.  Weve had a lot of trouble
scoring goals for much of these first few games and only recently, say since
our game two Firdays ago with Miami, have we started to come out of it.  Anson,
and his multi-goal performances have came out of it a little more explosively
than some of the others(ie. Rem Murray, Steve Guolla, Steve Suk)

    Im not sure who the announcer was for Michigan State's Saturday game, but
did he deliberately mis-pronounce Michigan State players name's just to be
funny?  I can distinctly remember three times, and twice it was the same
players name, Bart VanStaalduinen.  He constantly called Steve Guolla, Steve
Guoll-oh.  I mean come on, do you want us here or not?

    College hockey in general invites sticks to the face because of it's use of
cages, but for as long as Ive been here, I dont ever recall hearing as much
stick-cage contact as I heard that one weekend.  Maybe I should get out and
make a tour of some other rinks, but I just cant say it's a CCHA thing.

    Also, I didnt mean to insult, but I felt that Minnesota played a fairly
dirty game.  That was fine for me, even though my team lost, because they did
what they needed to do to win.  It WAS however, very frustrating to see my team
lose chances because of it.

    No Minnesota fans?  I had a hard time noticing, since every Michigan fan
was conversely cheering for Minnesota.  I entered the arena with the distinct
determination to cheer for Michigan because I am a CCHA fan, but when I was hit
with taunts and abuse from Michigan fans taking pleasure in insulting me
because my team was losing, I quickly changed my tune, and began jumping around
and pumping my fists every time Wisconsin scored.  Sure, sure, two wrongs...

                                                        Geoff Horvath
                                                        Michigan State