Sender:
From:
"Luiz F. Valente" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Sep 1993 18:59:57 EDT
information about Brown's first-year hockey players.

It appears that Brown has recruited a very strong class (one goaltender,
two defensemen and five forwards). It is not too clear, however, how
many of these players will make the team as freshmen. Brown has a
strong nucleus returning from last year's NCAA team, and a few
players from last year's excellent junior varsity team seem to be
ready to move up. At the team cookout two weeks ago I asked head coach
Bob Gaudet how many freshmen he expected to crack the lineup, but,
as always, he was noncommittal. My impression is that one defenseman
(probably John Churchward) and no more than two or three forwards (Marty
Clapton, Scott Bradford and possibly Mike Flynn) are likely to make the
varsity.

A few notes about the class of 1997:
BRIAN AUDETTE is a goalie from Pawtucket, Rhode Island, who was an
All-Star with Cornwall (Ont) last year.
JOHN CHURCHWARD, from Braintree, Ma, was an All-Star defenseman at
Hotchkiss last year. He has good size and supposedly excellent skills.
BILL MCKAY is a defenseman from Ross River, Northwest Territory, reputed
to have an excellent shot.
SCOTT BRADFORD is a forward from Calgary, Alberta. He is supposed to be
an outstanding skater and goal scorer.
MARTY CLAPTON is a big forward from Newton, MA, who was one of the
leading scorers at school power St. Sebastian's last year.
MIKE FLYNN, a forward from Boston, Ma, led Canterbury in scoring
last year (85 points).
ROBERT MERRILL is a big forward from Glenn Falls, N.Y., who played at
Northwood last season.
MIKE NOBLE is a forward from Burnsville, MN, who is supposed to be a
very fast skater and a physical player.
Luiz F. Valente
Faculty Advisor
Brown Hockey Team