Sender:
Date:
Mon, 8 Mar 1993 09:10:54 EST
Congratulations to the University of Miami Redskins, winners of the
1992-93 CCHA regular season championship.  After not capitalizing on
an opportunity to claim the title on Friday in Big Rapids, the 'Skins
traveled to Sault Ste Marie and did exactly what they needed to do...
tie Lake Superior in their building.  Much easier said than done.

I hope many fans outside of the CCHA area were able to see the Notre
Dame-Michigan State game on a local cable station this weekend.  Irish
Coach Ric Schafer was interviewed between periods and, as usual, had
everyone at my house laughing aloud.  MSU led 1-0 after the 1st, and
ND failed to convert on a couple of good breakaway chances.  As a
result, Schafer commented that he was going to vote for the use of
soccer nets next season, to increase their offensive production.  :-)

I'll also take one more stab at PASS color man Chris McClure.  Later
in the interviewer with Coach Schafer, McClure opened a line of
questioning regarding the 1-0 score (and an evenly played first period)
and the thought that Michigan State would come out of the break and
try to take it to Notre Dame earlier in the second.  What kind of
stupid questioning was that?  What did he expect Schafer to say?
"Well, Chris, I hope we do go down 2-0 in their builing.  It'll really
test the character of our team."  Wake up McClure.  Every coach wants
the next goal, no matter what the score is.

  John H
  U Mich