Sender:
From:
Bill Fenwick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Jan 91 23:44:02 EST
Some notes about a couple of ECAC games last Saturday that I forgot to
include in my last posting:

RPI 6, Vermont 4
     Avenging a 4-3 overtime loss the night before, the Engineers jumped out
     to a 2-0 lead in the first period, thanks to goals by Tim Roberts and
     Derek DeCosty.  Mickey LeBlanc made it 3-0 in the second before
     Vermont's Jim Fernholz was able to get his team on the board.  After
     the Engineers re-established their three-goal lead, the Cats' Jeremy
     Benoit cut the deficit to 4-2 near the end of the second period.  Kevin
     Mazzella's power-play goal would prove to be the game-winner for RPI,
     as a Vermont rally fell short.  Goals by Ricker Love and Scott Jagod
     made it 5-4, but RPI's Joe Juneau iced the game with a late score.

Army 9, Iona 0
     Iona is a pretty good Division III team from the ECAC-South conference
     (9-3-1 coming into Saturday's action), but this game was even more one-
     sided than the score would indicate.  Scott Tardif led the way with two
     tallies and seven other players also scored as Army exploded for six
     second-period goals on the way to their romp.  Brandon Hayes picked up
     his first career shutout, and he would have been royally embarrassed if
     he had not, since he faced *seven* shots in the game.  By contrast, the
     Cadets peppered the Iona goal with 52 shots.

Bill Fenwick
Cornell '86
LET'S GO RED!!

"I was just sitting here looking out of my window, and I noticed that there's
 a woman hanging from a window ledge on your building and she's about ten
 flights up, and I was wondering if -- no, operator, you're missing the point;
 I don't wish to SPEAK to the woman..."
-- Shelley Berman