Sender:
Date:
Sun, 21 Feb 1993 00:40:19 EST
Many thanks to Clarkson for arranging the satellite telecast of the game.  It is my understanding that they have done this before.  Undoubtedly it helps to defray the cost of the game, but I'm still impressed that they share the event with their opponents.  I saw the game at a sports bar in Littleton, MA and over 100 fans attended.  I'm sure even more watched the game in the downtown Boston site.

Do other schools do this?  One would think that some of the larger schools or at least those with fanatical followings could easily justify this a few times a year.

Talk about hockey heaven....at the bar they had RPI-Clarkson on one TV and BU-Maine on an adjacent set.

Jon

P.S. I was disappointed in the way RPI handled itself in this game.  After closing the gap to 2-1 they took two stupid stick penalties (while already playing shorthanded).  The first appeared to be a blatant spear that should have resulted in a major and misconduct....but was called a slash instead.  The second was a slash that came after the Engineers had successfully cleared the puck.  Here's hoping Buddy Powers gets it through to these guys that such conduct is intolerable.