Sender:
From:
"(Edward N. Ferguson)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Oct 1992 10:54:33 EST
If you've never planned a trip to Orono to see the Bears because
you've been told it was impossible to get tickets, that isn't
the case now.  Apparently season ticket sales were cut off
without selling off the entire arena so a number of reserved
seats are available.  Current policy is to begin selling these
on the Wednesday before weekend games.  You can buy at the
window in the Alfond or reserve tickets (with a credit card)
by calling (207)-581-BEAR.  If any tickets remain on game day
(after regualr window hours end), the window opens at 6:00 PM
for a 7:00 PM game.  At this time any tickets returned by the
visiting school will be sold.  This policy may change again (the
original policy was to only sell tickets at 6:00 PM), since the
Athletic Department has never had to cope with extra seats before
and is still trying to find the optimal system.

Standing room tickets are not sold.  If you are inside the building,
you must have a seat.  You don't have to be in it, but the crowd
is to be limited to available chairs - Fire Marshall's orders.

Recently there was some discussion of names on uniforms.  I have
some ca 1960 hockey pictures and almost all teams show a school
name and player number on the chest and just the number on the
back.  BU shows BOSTON, Rensselaer has R P I, etc.  No
UNIVERSITY or COLLEGE from anybody.  The only exception is
Boston College which shows an interlocked BC on the left shoulder
and the nickname EAGLES diagonally from upper right to lower
left (no numbers).  I didn't see any logos, mascot, symbols, etc.
Those little leather straps around the temples that were called
helmets in those days look mighty inadequate, especially for a
goalie!