Sender:
Date:
Mon, 6 Apr 1992 15:46:19 EST
It really grates when announcers do not refer to teams "correctly" as one
writer objected to Boston U. rather than B.U., etc. What really bothered
me is as in the past is referring to MSU as Michigan. The WRPI radio announcers
kept saying that Lake Superior would skate into Michigan ice during the
semi-final game. There is nothing worse for a "State" fan to hear than their
team referred to as Michigan. It reminds me of the days that U of M made
jokes about the other Michigan School or Moo-U, etc.

If necessary MSU could be called the Spartans as in Spartan Ice or
just "State" (this may not have been appropriate as LSSU also has
a State in its name). I wish announcers can find a proper abbreviation
for a team BEFORE announcing. Even if it means contacting the Sports Inform.
Director.

P.S. The announcers called LSSU the Lakers or Lake Superior or Lake State (?).

William Krebs