Date:
Fri, 4 Feb 2005 16:57:56 -0500
From:
Mark Lewin <[log in to unmask]>
7bit
Sender:
Just to assure everyone,  in my retirement, I have not taken to
sending spam. So far, I have received 1 email from polarcomm.net
informing me that [log in to unmask] attempted to send a virus to

For starters, my alum.rpi.edu is still valid but is set to autoforward
to my new email address at gmail.com.  I did that last fall when my
RPI alumni free-for-life email suddenly morphed into my RPI alumni
$14.95 per year address.  Mail sent to that address gets forwarded to
me but I am unable to send from it.

Also,  my PC is behind a hardware router/firewall, I have a software
firewall, run McAfee AV software all the time and run Ad-Aware and
Spybot with up-to-date spyware lists at least once a week.  Can my PC
have been compromised? Possibly.  I'm not dumb enough to think that
I'm a security expert. I find it kind of strange that several people
have mentioned that they've received large amounts of spam in recent
days. The only spam I've gotten has been the note stating that I sent
an infected email.

If anyone has another idea of how I can better protect my PC, I'm
always ready to listen