Sender:
From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Feb 1992 03:11:34 EST
Comments:
Warning -- original Sender: tag was [log in to unmask]
According to Merrimack SID Jim Seavey, these are the probable plans for
the HE quarterfinals.

Fri-Sat March 6-7: at Providence and BU (7 pm each night, days TBA)
Sun March 8: at Maine and UNH (2 pm and 7 pm, times TBA)

This is if these four teams maintain their positions to get home ice.  The
league is concerned about attendance at PC and BU if it plays either game
on Sunday, but it expects Maine and UNH to sellout whenever those teams
play.  Thus, if Maine and UNH make it, they will probably host their games
on Sunday and the other two games will be played Fri-Sat.  Everything is still
to be officially announced, however; I thought fans might like to know what
is being planned so they can be prepared.

NESN is prepared to use two different broadcasting crews for the Sunday games
since it will be nearly impossible to have the same crew do Maine and any
other game on Sunday.  But where I had previously thought tv might dictate
the sites, it turns out that attendance is the prime consideration.  I'm glad
to hear this because if Merrimack should get sent to Maine, I might have a
problem with getting up to Orono for a possible Friday matchup.  It looks
like that won't happen.  More to come as details get ironed out.

Northeastern and Merrimack cannot host playoff games.  BC and Lowell still
have outside chances, but it looks like the hosts will be Maine, PC, UNH,
and BU.
---
Mike Machnik    [log in to unmask]   mikem@{beanpot,bubba}.ma30.bull.com