Sender:
From:
Ben Flickinger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Jul 1999 16:40:41 -0400
>The details are in <http://www.ccha.com/news/>; it sounds like an
>unbalanced schedule based on three de facto four-team divisions
>(called "clusters") which will changed around each season, and which
>won't effect playoff seeding.  I'm a little unclear on the
>implications of "extreme" teams, which seem to imply that not everyone
>plays 14 games at home and 14 away, and am not inclined to scrutinize
>the team-by-team schedules at USCHO.

Everyone plays 14 home and 14 road (unless the schools voluntarily give up
home games for home and home series where possible), the whole "extreme"
school thing is just to keep travel costs as low as possible, so teams won't
have to travel to both Omaha and Fairbanks, for one thing (except those 2
schools in their cluster). It's also to make sure a school like Michigan
doesn't travel to Omaha, Fairbanks, and all the Ohio State schools but not
any of the Michigan ones.
===============================
      Ben Flickinger
E-Mail:    [log in to unmask]
AOL Instant Messenger: CWSOmaha
Sports Editor of the North Star - Student Paper of Omaha North High School.
To all the CCHA teams, UNO welcomes you to the Bullpen. Now get ready to lose.
Everyone can have a bad century or two. Cubbies are gonna rule the 21st Century.
QOTW: "Let's celebrate America by blowing up a small portion of it." (Apu or
Homer (I forget), The Simpsons)