Sender:
From:
Tony Buffa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Jul 1999 09:36:56 -0700
Happy summer to all, I know most of you easterners are sweating it out and
also in a drought. I wont tell you what the temps are around here, except
to say they are well below body temperature :-)  However, with leagues
getting larger it seems to me to be an opportunity for MORE interleague
play ....

At the risk of beating a dead horse, the ECAC with 12 teams plays 22
games, as we all know 11x2 = 22, and thatleaves up to 12 games for
interleague play. If the CCHA and WCHA both went to that format, they
could play a lot more between their leagues (I know, travel distance is a
costly consideration) . . . at least up to the level of the ECAC and HE.
All in all, the more games between conferences, seems to me the more
meaning any numerical ranking has.

Just my two cents.

Tony Buffa
RPI '64