Sender:
From:
Kyle Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Jan 1999 14:31:29 EST
You wrote:

>o Just what the heck is going on in the ECAC? Upsets galore, and some
>success in the holiday tournaments. Is it stronger than people think,
>perhaps the most hotly contested conference in the league? Or is it a
lot
>of mediocre, inconsistent teams?

I wouldn't call the ECAC teams 'mediocre', but I would say they are
quite inconsistent.  It is highly competitive this year, Princeton,
Cornell, Colgate, SLU, Clarkson, and RPI have all recieved votes for the
USA Today polls at some point this year.  That means that half the
conference has had some national recognition.  I think that the ECAC
playoffs could be the most anticipated this year, and we could see some
surprises in the NCAA's.

Kyle Smith