Sender:
Date:
Tue, 18 Aug 1998 10:01:33 -0500
7bit
From:
Kevin Ames <[log in to unmask]>
Bemidji State and R.P. Broadcasting Sign Broadcast Agreement for Beaver
Athletics

Thursday, Aug. 6, 1998

BEMIDJI--Bemidji State University athletics and R.P. Broadcasting signed
an agreement that will broadcast 51 Beaver athletic events for the
1998-99 sports seasons, it was announced today.

R.P. Broadcasting, owners and station managers of KKBJ 1360 AM, the Mix
103.7 FM and Real Country 98.3 FM (WBJI) has committed to a full BSU
men's ice hockey broadcast schedule for 1998-99 with selected Beaver
football, women's ice hockey and men's and women's basketball games
on-air throughout the year as well.

"This is a tremendous commitment by R.P. Broadcasting," said R.H. "Bob"
Peters, athletic director for hockey at Bemidji State.  "The live radio
coverage means a great deal to our men's and women's hockey programs as
we move forward with our drive to DI, but it's also very important to
our football and basketball programs as we continually elevate our
athletic teams at Bemidji State."

The broadcast schedule for the upcoming seasons includes 35 men's hockey
games, three women's hockey games, five football games and eight
basketball games.

"The timing is perfect for R.P. Broadcasting to make a move toward live
broadcasts for Bemidji State athletics," said Dan Voss, general sales
manager for R.P. Broadcasting. "We added Don Knight to our staff, and
that allowed us to pursue this project with a 15-year veteran of sports
broadcasting experience, most of which is with college sports.

"Also, the recent move to the Division I ranks by the Bemidji State
hockey teams solidified a perfect opportunity to develop a relationship
with Beaver athletics and the Bemidji community as well."

Highlighting the broadcast schedule are the web broadcast capabilities
for all men's hockey games, enabling a national audience to tune in to
the Beaver games throughout the season. Web broadcasts can be accessed
through the Bemidji State sports information web site at
http://info.bemidji.msus.edu.

"Bemidji State is extremely pleased to have been able to reach this
agreement," said Dave Tiffany, vice president for university
advancement. "This makes Beaver athletics available to over 75,000
people in north central Minnesota, and we have now strengthened our link
to our fans and alumni nationwide through web broadcasts."

R.P. Broadcasting has lined up the Air Force Tournament in Colorado
Springs, Colo., for its FM station 103.7 the Mix, as well as the
possibility for post season coverage at the NCAA Division I Independent
Hockey Tournament should Bemidji State earn an invitation.

KKBJ AM Talk Radio 1360 will handle all other live Beaver athletic
broadcasts, including football, men's and women's basketball and women's
hockey.

"We are fortunate to establish a relationship with KKBJ (1360 AM) for
all of our athletic programs," added Doreen Zierer, athletic director
for NSIC sports and head women's basketball coach. "We are experiencing
a time of growth and change for BSU athletics, and KKBJ is stepping in
at a great time to help us move forward."
--
|Kevin L Ames             |DO NOT ADJUST YOUR MIND|   /__  _\
|email:[log in to unmask] It is reality that is |   \  \(  |