Sender:
From:
Tony Biscardi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Jan 1997 21:58:05 -0500
To: Joe LaCour <[log in to unmask]>

> Tony,
>
> How can a bar (bah?) in Boston get TSN?  That is a Canada
> only station that is scrambled on my dish.  CBC is in the
> clear (at least for now), so anyone can get that, but they
> don't have the license from Hockey Canada to broadcast
> international games..
>
> E$PN has a website.  Gad!  for all the times I see the darn
> thing on E$PN and E$PN2, I forgot it.  This is not the right
> URL, but it gets you to the right place:  www.espn.com.
>
> Joe

I was given the wrong info.

It was TSN who would not allow the bars to pick up the feed.

Usually, I guess they can pay a small fee and get the feed
(I've watched TSN broadcasts before).

TSN, however, decided that, since NO ONE IN THE *ENTIRE*
WORLD payed what they demanded, no one anywhere would get
to see the World Junior Championships.  Not only did ESPN
laugh at what TSN wanted, but I am told the Swedish station
was outraged at TSN's exclusive rights which they would
rather get *no* revenue from outside of Canada than to sell
them at a reasonable rate.

No one in Europe or the US was able to watch it due to TSN.

Personally, I don't understand why they wouldn't lower
their asking price and get *SOMETHING* from *SOMEONE*!?!

I can't figure it.

Oh well,

Tony