Sender:
From:
Paul Gentile <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Dec 1996 12:39:52 -0500
Wow, what a turnaround ... ECAC is taking it to HockeyEast this year.
The strong performance in last year's tourney is no fluke. We're getting
our butts kicked!

I thought ( was hoping ) Amherst would fare better last night. If you
haven't heard, Princeton whalloped them 7-2. I was hoping to have seen
a post here, since the box scores on USA Today don't even show
penalties.

Princeton used a different goalie is all three periods for no apparent
reason. Amherst was definitely not putting a lot of shots on any of them.
Maybe they took advantage of the non-conference road game to share
the playing time. Amherst's Brian Regan had 35 saves despite letting 7
get by.

Princeton took a 0-1 deficit and turned it into a 4-1 lead in about 11
minutes time early in the second period. Amherst made it 4-2 early in the
third, but Princeton made it 5-2 at the 6:26 mark. Later, Princeton scored
two goals during 5-on-3 advantages at the 16:37 mark and again at the
18:14 mark.
What were the infractions?

Attendance was over 3,000. Is this typical?