Sender:
From:
Nathan Boyle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Mar 1996 17:39:33 -0500
To: "Paul A. Troy" <[log in to unmask]>
Kent is our sister college, and we heard more than a little when the
droped it.

Kent folded it's Hockey program due to Title Nine, according to it's
president.  They didn't get great attendence, but frankly they for as new
as the program was, and for the hard time the team was having, they had a
lot more potintial than some of the other second tier teams in the CCHA.

Campus politics also are such that droping a major varsity sport in the
name political correctness, does not raise as big a ruckus as it would at
BGSU or Miami.  ON the other hand we actually have good teams that arn't
just starting out.  Kent isn't a "sports school" per say, they are bad at
most sports, save womens basketball recently.

In any case it did not have anything to do with the CCHA.

In any case they handled it in a far more classy way than UIC has.  Hell,
UI-Chicago......they might have had dead trustee members voting, who knows.

If nothing else, Kent's demise gave us Quinn Fair.  If nothing else, UIC
passing on, will allow us to get NMU back without problems.

I was told by somebody "in the know" that we are interested in at least
one guy from UIC, but rumor has it the player has an attitude problem the
coaches arn't interested in having to deal with more than a year.

Nathan W.L. Boyle
BGSU