Sender:
From:
Greg Berge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Mar 1996 10:42:19 EST
> Note that the year after RPI won the National Championship, the line formed
> the day after the final game and was kept going throughout the summer and
> into the following fall (7+ months) by one loyal group of fans.

I have heard that this was a frat which basically "only" put a booth in front
of the ticket window and did charity stuff on and off through the summer.
But the booth was not always "manned," and (of course) no one person
actually spent 6 months on line.  (I should hope not)  It's a good
story, either way.

As far the dubious record for consecutive hours spent in line, well - mine
personally is 72 (before seasons went on sale for '85), and I imagine
there are misguided souls out there who have quadrupled it.

Greg
Let's Go Red!
ECAC Champions 1967, 68, 69, 70, 73, 80, 86, ??