Sender:
From:
Mike Zak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Nov 1991 09:37:34 EST
Goals
Clarkson   2 - 2 - 6   10
Dartmouth  1 - 1 - 1    3

Shots on Goal
Clarkson   13 - 16 - 14  43
Dartmouth   5 -  6 -  5  16

Ref: MacConaghy

Goalies: Clarkson: Rogles, Dartmouth: Bracco

Dartmouth started the scoring in the first period with a power paly goal
by Fraser @ :48, from Dodman.  Like Friday night, Clarkson got the
equalizer in less than a minute when Torrey scored @ 1:41 with an assist
to Robitaille (d'Orsonnens did most of the work though).  Clarkson went
ahead for good @ 6:53 on the power play when Sabo scored from Belanger
and Henrich.  The next 10 minutes looked like an extended Clarkson power
play, keeping control of the puck in the defensive zone.  Clarkson
looked ready to explode in the period, but Dartmouth's goalie Bracco did
a good job of keeping the score lower than it should have been.

Clarkson wasn't able to dominate this period like the first, but things
were never in doubt.  d'Orsonnens scored a goal @ 9:47 from Robitaille
and Conroy.  Then David Green scored on a nice back handed shot.  He was
skating through the slot when Henrich sent a pass out to him from behind
the net.  Green got the pass, then flick a back hand shot between a
sprawling Bracco.  The other assist went to Fotheringham.  Dartmouth
scored @ 19:25 to end the period.  Ocken scored from Turcotte and Clark.

Clarkson would dominate the third period on the way to scoring 6 goals.
At 3:07, Conroy scored from d'Orsonnens and Thomas.  Belanger scored at
5:51 with an assist to Robitaille.  Sabo scored his second goal on some
nice stick handling and faking Bracco out of his pants at 8:43, assist
to Mueller.  At 10:51 Matt Collins was given a 5 minute spearing major
and game dq as Brian mentioned.  Now I really didn't see the play, but
some other people around me did as did a linesman.  Ref MacConaghy came
over to where Green was, he asked the linesman what he saw, and then he
made the correct call.  MacConaghy had stopped the play when he looked
back and saw Green sprawled on the ice.  Near the end of the game,
MacConaghy did miss a deliberate elbow from a Dartmouth player on
Patrick Theriault.  Theriault had his helmet off and ice on his chin
when he got to the bench.  During the major, Dartmouth scored a nice 2
on 1 short handed goal when Mikko Tavi got caught pinching in too deep
from the point.  Turcotte scored @ 12:04 from Clark.  Tuomaninen managed
to salvage the major power play when he scored @ 14:36 from Robitaille
and Conroy.  Sabo completed hes hat trick from Belanger at 17:49.
Robitaille finished the scoring @ 18:33 from Conroy and Thomas.

Clarkson was 2 for 6 on the pp
Dartmouth was 1 for 3 on the pp

I hope that Clarkson is not getting into a Jekyll and Hyde routine,
playing poorly on Friday night and well on Saturday night.  The freshmen
do look really good.  We were cheering for Mueller, he would sit out at
the point and wave his stick around asking for the puck and a chance to
shoot.  This is long enough, but on last thought, Clarkson hasn't beaten
Cornell since 1989 I believe (mike or Bill will let us know if I'm
wrong.)  So hopefully, the team will be fired up to win at Cornell this
weekend.

Mike Zak
Clarkson '87, '91,...