Sender:
From:
Chris Craig <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Mar 1995 17:21:44 -0500
[catching up on some mail from last week.]

Bill Schneller <[log in to unmask]> writes:
>One question for the UNH followers:  why Cavichi (sp) and not Heinke.
>Wasn't Heinke the go-to guy?  And as a transfer from PC I doubt he would
>have had any problem getting up for this one.

Heinke hasn't played in several weeks, since the Lowell game on 02/11, if I
remember correctly.  He was pulled in that game and hasn't played since.
Just like last year, Umile alternated Cavicchi and Heinke for the first
three quarters of the season, then went to Cavicchi down the stretch.  My
view of the situation is that Heinke is a very streaky goaltender -
absolutely outstanding on occasion, but simply terrible on others.  Cavicchi
is much more dependable, day in and day out.

Chris
Go Blue!