Sender:
From:
Jeffery S Walden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Dec 1994 00:16:03 -0600
Sunday:

UND     4   3   1     8

FS      0   1   5     6

The first two periods, the Sioux were awesome.  Nothing could go wrong.
The Bulldogs didn't get their first shot until 11 minutes into the game.
Every pass and every good shot hit its mark.  I have never seen the Sioux
any better(Of course this is because I have only been up here for 2 1/2
years and the most wins the Sioux got in those 2 years were 12.).  I mean
the Sioux were leading 7-0 in the halfway mark in the second period, not
the third period like Lee said, which makes it more amazing.
        However, like Lee said, the Bulldogs came back in a hurry with three
5 on 3 goals and one 5 on 4 goal during the "two major penalties"
incident. making it 7-6.  However the Sioux scored on an empty net to
make it 8-6.

Monday:

UND     1   1   3     5

FS      1   0   1     2

        This was a very slow and boring game.  The Bulldogs scored first,
then the Sioux came back with four goals.  Again, the Bulldogs scored
their second goal on a 5 on 3 power play(It seems 5 on 3 power plays are
Ferris State's secret weapon).  The Sioux scored one more goal to make it
a 5-2 final.  Like what Eric said, this was a very good game from the
standpoint of having our best players out, such as Wilson, Litke,
Kvalevog, Scott Kirton and Brett Hryniuk (the last two were the ones
getting DQs in the last game).  The Sioux are 9-8-1 overall and 7-6-1 in
the WCHA.  Their next game is at Michigan Tech on Jan. 6th and 7th.
Landon Wilson and Dane Litke might be back by then, which would be a
bigger boost for a team which is riding high after some good play.