Sender:
From:
Jen Bortz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Oct 1994 16:12:14 -0400
>For Jen or anyone else who may know: why is PSU playing as an
>Independent - what happened to the league they were in?  And re: the 5
>games against NC$$ teams (except Kent, which should not be listed as
>ECAC - they were CCHA, but either way, they are ACHA now), does this
>indicate anything new in the rumors that PSU might someday move up to
>varsity status?
>
>The last club team I know of to play this many games against NC$$
>teams in a single season was Arizona, 10 in 1987-88.
>---                                                                   ---
>Mike Machnik                                            [log in to unmask]
>Cabletron Systems, Inc.                                    *HMM* 11/13/93
><<<<< Color Voice of the Merrimack Warriors (station TBA for 94-95) >>>>>

Coach JoeBa (not to be confused with that other Penn State coach named Joe)
said he was looking for more competition.  The Icers were undefeated in two
years of league play--usually winning by large margins.  I'm not sure what
happened to the ACHL.  Rhode Island and Delaware were the only teams from
the league that the Icers are still playing.

Joe also said not to read too much into the squad playing so many ECAC
teams.  He still hopes for varsity, but it's nowhere in the near future.

We can all dream, right?

The Icers had a great year recruiting.  Joe says this is the best class to
come along since the team that won the 89-90 club championship.  I wouldn't
mind making a trip to Arizona in March, so I hope he's right.

Peace,

Jen Bortz