Sender:
From:
Steve Kapetanakis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Jun 1994 09:45:30 -0400
Boston Globe columnist Bob Ryan wrote a very insightful
article in today's paper.  Ryan really doesn't like BC
AD Chet Gladchuk.  He starts off the article by refering
to them as "Mike and the Madchuck", and proceeds to use
Madchuck instead of Gladchuk throughout the article.

Ryan is quick to point out that Milbury had yet to sign
a contract.  But that shouldn't surprise anyone around BC
because Jim O'Brien, BC's basketball coach,  has yet to sign
a contract extension that was verbally agreed upon two months
ago, and new football coach Dan Henning "hasn't got a signed
contract in his file cabinet, either."

"Both the basketball coach and the football coach have found
that in dealing with Madchuk, it helps to bring a tape
recorder...He has a habit of agreeing to something and then
presenting something else on paper a few weeks later."

Ryan also reminds us how Mr. Gladchuk chose to fire Steve
Cedorchuk.  Ryan says, "You don't take a loyal alum and 17-year,
24-hour-a-day assistant ans say, 'They way you coach makes me
sick.  The players hate you.  I want you to clean out your
desk and get out of here immediately.'  But that's what Chet
Gladchuk said to Steve Cedorchuk.  Literally."

----

I'm sure that within the next couple of days some Boston media
member will "crack" the case and find out exactly what the
"philosophical differences" were between Milbury and Gladchuk.
When that happens I'll be interested to see if Gladchuk's
story of waffling surfaces yet again.

-kap