From:
MR ADAM C WODON <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
MR ADAM C WODON <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 May 1995 11:55:36 EDT
My only run-in with McDonough was in the press box during a Harvard-Princeton
game.  It was the first league game I had called for Princeton.

My color guy is an Ohio State grad and there was a football game that day where
I thought OSU should have gone for a two-point conversion and keep alive a
national title chance.  He disagreed.  So he goes, "Hey, Sean" and proceeds to
ask this small, unshaven guy with a hat on.  It didn't click, and I'm thinking,
"Who's this dork?"

So McDonough agrees that taking the 1 point was the right move, and proceeds to
ruin his credibility by saying Tom Osborne should have gone for the tie in the
1984 Orange Bowl - hindsight being 20/20.  No one agreed with that, but me,
still not knowing who this guy was, said, "WHAT?? You're a moron."

Yes, my moment at meeting one of the best play-by-play guys in the business
(Even if he did have some help getting up the ladder <G>), and I call him a moron.

Such is life.

AW