From:
David Parter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Parter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jan 1994 17:22:10 -0600
> For those of the readers who seemed confused about the NC$$ consideration
> of the Wisconsin after game practice, please understand that I am not
> stating that the NC$$ necessarily deems what Wisconsin did after the
> St. Cloud game illegal.

> I don't believe in taking a scalpel to hairs: While NC$$ does not consider
> it a practice unless the coach is present (I need to see the exact
> rule book wording,) it  sure seems to me that if the team captain
> runs the practice, it is a practice, none the less.

One report on hockey-l said they practiced for an hour, one
report I read in the paper said they skated for 20 minutes.
According to the paper, it was the captains' idea, and Sauer
reluctantly said it was ok with him if that was what they wanted
to do (before the meeting), since their motivation/direction
seemed positive. Sauer said he is afraid that the team is taking
things too seriously, and not enjoying the game enough, but
recognized that the best way to enjoy it is to win ...

        --david