From:
Tony Biscardi <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tony Biscardi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jan 1994 16:04:21 -0500
Just an update on a few of next year's recruits:

First, I'll comment on the non-BU player that is catching my attention:

Andy Powers, Arlington H.S., MA

NOBODY HAS THIS GUY!!!!

A defenseman playing for Ed Burns in Arlington.  Burns has been the coach at
Arlington for 50 years and has sent more players to div I than any other coach
in US high school hockey history.  This is the FIRST defensman in Burns's
career that he has allowed to carry the puck end-to-end or in from the point!
Burns is from an older school of hockey thought and this is the first D that
he felt confident could carry and create offensively.  (Burns puts D into div I
colleges on a regular basis)  I have not seen Powers live yet this year, but
I will, and the way Burns is talking about him, he may be THE recruit to get.
In 10 games, where Arlington is 10-0 (ranked #2 in Mass behind Catholic
Memorial), Powers (a defenseman) has scored 18 goals and dished out 13 assists
for 31 points in 10 games by a defenseman who's strongest point is on the
penalty-kill.  I am going to see him play.

No one has him yet, but you may want to watch to see who jumps on him, UNH?
UMass/Amherst?, maybe someone else?

BU recruits:

Mike Sylvia (CM) (F) leads the Catholic Conference in scoring with 9-15-24 in 8
games.

Tom Noble (CM) (G) just had his 5th shut-out in 8 games for CM (this one vs.
Boston College High School)  I do not have his GAA at this point in time.

Kelleher (St. Sebastian's) (D) has disappeared off of the scoring list after
a torrid start.  The huge defenseman is still leading St. Seb's in what is an
undefeated season (one tie) so far in the ISL Kelleher (no typo, that's the
league's name also).

Tony  BU'92'93
Former Ogre