Date:
Fri, 10 Dec 1993 22:08:30 -0500
Sorry to drag this line of discussion along even further, but I've
been busy with the usual end of the semester crunch and I'm just
getting around to catching up.

I find the whole discussion regarding whether or not to fire McCutcheon
very interesting.  Especially the rumor that the players are disenchanted
with him.  This rumor came to me last spring after the Big Red's dismal
11th place showing through the alumni network of hockey fans.

What I actually "heard" is that the players played most of the season at
"half speed" in order to "get rid of McCutcheon."  If you recall, Cornell
won their last game of the season decisively over Vermont at Lynah, and
this "rumor" mill had it that the players decided to send the seniors out
with a win.  At the time, I really couldn't or wouldn't put any validity
to this and I still want to believe that this is untrue.  However, as one
person has already said even if it's not all true maybe some of it is.
Anyhow, I thougth it inappropriate to waste bandwidth at the time,
when crying about a losing season while every one else on the list was
enjoying the playoffs.

Anyone else on the "alumni" rumor mill heard this one?  (Respond privately,
as I'm sure other people may be bored to tears over this.)

As for my opinion, for firing McCutcheon:  Give him a couple of more years...
if his recruiting continues to be woesome and the team doesn't adapt, then
get someone who will be able to recruit the players necessary to revitalize
Lynah.

Just my coupla cents worth of rambling.

Eric Hoffman
Cornell '88